Save the Children
Save the Children is hiring a Child protection and gender specialist
ABOUT SAVE THE CHILDREN
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.6 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through program in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. To achieve our ambitious goals and breakthroughs for children, Save the Children works in 10 countries within the West and Central Africa Region with a current staff complement of approximately 1400 and current expenditure of approximately $75 million each year.
To support the quality design, delivery, and representation Child Protection and Gender programming of Save the Children in Côte d’Ivoire. To uphold and contribute to Save the Children’s mission, vision and values to create a positive and lasting impact in the lives of hard to reach children in Côte d’Ivoire (CIV). She/he will provide strategic leadership and assume the overall responsibility for the growth, development and implementation of the Child Protection and Gender portfolio in CIV. She/he is accountable for quality assurance of programmes and innovations for lasting positive impact of children.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Under the supervision of the Director of Programme Development Quality and Advocacy (DPQA), The Child Protection and Gender Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of Save the Children’s mission, vision and values to create a positive and lasting impact in the lives of hard to reach children in Côte d’Ivoire (CIV). Based on Save the Children Cote d’Ivoire programming priorities, he/she will :
- Lead the operationalisation of Save the Children in Côte d’Ivoire (CIV) Child Protection & Gender Strategy, in line with organizational goals, the Country Strategic Plan (2019/21) and resource availability. Ensure that programme remains relevant to the external environment and changing needs of most marginalised children in hard to reach areas.
- Ensure quality programme implementation across CP and Gender programming areas by harmonising approaches across different locations and programmes.
- Serve as the point of contact for all matters related to CP & Gender including policy development and capacity building of CP actors with a gender lens.
- Work at the policy level with high-level decision makers, participating in strategy development, policy making, and technical discussions, as well as negotiating to determine priorities for Child Protection and Gender Equality in CIV.
- Analyse and inform donor priorities and positions on issues related to child protection and Gender Equality and influence senior management decisions on strategic priorities; contribute to the development and regular updating of Save the Children CIV fundraising plan.
- Ensure adequate ongoing monitoring and evaluation of all CP/Gender programs.
- Ensure to provide an avenue for children’s voice through Accountability mechanisms across all CP and Gender programmes being implemented directly or through partners.
- Support partner organizations to strengthen their child participation tools
- Provide capacity building and technical support to CP and Gender staff, partners and government authorities as required.
- Represent Save the Children at national level CP and Gender external meetings, Technical Working Group meetings.
NB: This list of tasks is not exhaustive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant (at least 8 years) professional experience of working at a senior advisory level in CP, Human Rights, Laws for international NGOs in complex settings. Specific experience in Child Protection and Gender is highly valued.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national and International staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
- Substantial progressive, professional-level experience at the management level with background in Child Protection and Gender
- Ability to make links between Education, Livelihoods, Child Rights, Health and Nutrition interventions within the context of an integrated programme approach
- An ability to effectively negotiate with prospective donors and a demonstrated ability to develop and write detailed technical project proposals meeting donor requirements, including budgets
- Strong reporting skills
- Innovation in CP/Gender programming
- Fluent Spoken and written English and French is essential.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Experience with online and social media communications strategies.
- The ability to liaise and effectively coordinate with government, local NGOs and community initiatives. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- The ability to research and utilise existing local government and other technical expertise where applicable.
- Knowledge of key donor financial policies and guidelines.
Duration: One (1) year**
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter reliefweb.int.